Translation?

Monday, February 9, 2015

My Shadow and my Voice

Never before have I felt so inexorably distant from the people I used to be friends with. I see all the people I once called friend on Facebook, and it reminds me of the past when I had friends who cared and I cared about as well. But with each passing day I feel ever more distant from the ones I'm still friends with; further withdrawing from their embrace.

I crave the kind of friendships I used to have, but the further that time progresses, the less I find myself willing to reach out to people. Each day that drags by leaves me feeling further and further alone. I have no one I can comfortably talk to about the thoughts racing through my mind at any given minute of the day, nor the feelings of confusion that distract me from studies.

I'm walking alone with no company but my shadow and my voice; however with each step I take on my dimmed path, my shadow grows shorter, and my voice more mute. Not because I find myself stepping into the light, but deeper into the darkness threatening, eating at my mind.

Even now, though I could reach out to the three people I have kept in contact with over the past year, I post about my issues in anonymity where I have but one possible viewer and no others who know who I am. This is not my plea for attention, simply my relieving thoughts permeating into my conscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment