Translation?

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A decision

I've come to the realization that I've begun using my blog as a sorts of diary. It doesn't bother me, I merely need to express my inner thoughts somewhere, and the anonymity as well as the idea that someone may read my words is slightly comforting.

Late last night, as I lay in my bed, trying to sleep, but kept awake by the maddening ideas racing through my mind, I came to a conclusion. This weekend is president's day weekend. The base accepted a challenge from the Captain about a blood drive some weeks back, and won, so as a result we've got a four-day weekend.

The conclusion I reached is to get permission to drive up north, to make a surprise visit to my best friend. I cannot text her, as she was in the middle of getting a new number when we fought. I tried to email her, send her a message on skype. I'm unable to message her on facebook, as I'm blocked.

So, in my desperate attempt to apologize and hopefully reconcile with the person who means more than anything else to my life, I decided to drive three and a half hours north of where I am station to see her. It was all I could think about during my exam this morning and even now the thought of it leaves me shaking with nervousness at it, given that I have no idea how she may react to my sudden appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment