Translation?

Sunday, June 9, 2013

More on narcissism and being an asshole

Today was the closest I have to a best friend's graduation party. I've known him my whole life, I've scarcely seen him for the last six months, and he leaves in 2 weeks for basic boot camp for the Marines. Now with all of this being true, I was a bigger asshole to him today than I think I've ever been before. I treated him like absolute shit, on the day meant to be his. I yelled at him, poured ice-cold water down his neck, hit him in the face with my sandal (an epic shot, I might add). I beat him with a badminton racquet, although he deserved that one for being a dick to his girlfriend.

I met his girlfriend for the first proper time today. She was nicer than I've ever given her credit for - I'd always marked her off as kind of a bitch for always eating up his time, a mis-preconception of mine. We hung out with some friends for a few hours, complaining about how he spends too much time with his recent church friends, and how he's got too flirty of friendships with the girls, how he spends too much time with them and not with Sam - his girlfriend.

Later, Sam and I ended up going to the movies, after he ducked out because he wanted even more time with the church-cult, after having spent nearly the entire grad party hanging out with them and practically ignoring Sam. We saw The Purge - a new movie. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about it; don't worry, I'm not going to spoil it.

I got home and texted Erika back, since she texted me while I was in the theater. We talked for a little, and I filled her in on my day. After telling her about the movies with Sam, and how I might hang out with her after Kyle leaves, so that I don't intrude on what time those two have together, she decided she needed to stop talking. I can't help but feel like it was something I said, even if she gives me a brave and pretty smile - telling me it's her and not me. Despite that, it still feels like I did something wrong, adding to my feeling of being an asshole of epic proportions today. Narcissism is covered in yet another post about me - ugh. I'm not just an asshole, I'm apparently a narcissistic one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment