Translation?

Friday, April 5, 2013

Falsified Hopes, Fake Dreams, and Listless Aspirations

I write this in preparation of some future time. I'm sitting at home, bored and without much else to do but think and write. As of 6:46 PM EST on 4/5/2013 I have 137 views of my blog. While not many, my blog has only been up for approximately two weeks and I have no links or anything else to it. I'm not entirely sure how others have come across my blog, since the only way to find it on Google is to search my blog's name: NeoLeoStory. And let's face it, unless you've come to the blog already NeoLeoStory isn't a likely combination of words you're likely to type into Google.

I started my blog with the intent of sharing a story I started writing instead of participating in my religion class, but the layout used was not to my satisfaction and something spurred me to sharing other pieces of my writing. I've since turned it into a bit of a collection, posting old pieces of my writing that I was able to collect and adding new pieces that I wrote on a whim or for another class.

I've always had an affinity for words and piecing together thoughts into what most would consider a well-worded document or presentation. Essays and short stories have always been my favorite pieces to write although I dabbled in poetry for a number of months. Sadly I lost most of the poetry work I'd once completed. With a love for writing though, it was once a childish dream of mine to become an accomplished author, selling my work.

While my current traffic is low, I hope to continue to add more pieces to my blog, adding enough to generate page views. I wish to keep myself anonymous simply because I don't wish to be plagued by people if I do pick up popularity, but I'd love for my e-Name to gain momentum in the world of literature in the possibility that I may pursue some form of writing as a part-time job in the future.

The aforementioned possibility of pursuing a small, part-time writing job isn't likely though. As title might suggest, I've got false hopes, fake dreams, and listless aspirations. Meaning I don't have hopes, dreams, or aspirations to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment