Translation?

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Perceiving

Time. Time is a concept that most of us think nothing about. How we perceive time is essentially the same to everyone; though our observation of time is capable of being altered: when time seems to speed up when we're having fun or slowing down when we're in class and the clock just seems to drag on and on. My thoughts on the matter are a bit different from many other peoples'. Time isn't linear. The general idea seems to be that time is linear or is a line and we traverse across it, capable only of moving forwards and looking backwards. My belief is that time is a big jumbled mess; past, present, and future coexisting next to and within each other. The only problem is that we as humans are incapable of perceiving anything but the present. Since it's after midnight, now two days ago, Erika told me I'd never be 18 again, since I'd be turning 19. While we'd never be capable of perceiving me as 18 again, I think that the present exists alongside the past, so that there's a moment of time where I'm eternally 18 years of age, never moving past that second of what is perceived and noted as the passage of time. Somewhere beyond the comprehension of humans, frozen in "time" is every moment of everything that has occurred from the beginning of the universe; not lost to the passage of time, but hidden from our sightless eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment